Ireland pays the 4th highest price for energy in Europe, but switching rates are below the EU average. Choosy.ie is the new switching site from the Irish Independent which wants to spread the power of switching in the Irish market, helping households save more than an estimated €1,600 in four years should they switch energy provider through Choosy.ie.
Choosy.ie is the latest venture from Independent News and Media adding to its existing portfolio of digital ventures such as Cars Ireland and Adfront. Currently INM’s newest arrival compares utility prices, and plans to launch a Telco (broadband, phone, etc) comparison section next month (June 2020).
CEO of Independent News and Media, Marc Vangeel commented: “The Irish Independent is one of Ireland’s most trusted brands, steeped in a history of interpreting complex issues in an unbiased manner. The INM team decided to tackle the intricate world of consumer services and spread the power of switching to unlock better value and service for Irish consumers.”
Dublin-based market research and data specialists Amarach were commissioned by Choosy to gain insight into Ireland’s attitudes towards comparison site brands. Gerard O’Neill, of Amarach, said; “Choosy.ie was developed based on research that explored the power of a trusted information source to help consumers unlock the savings available to them.”
Choosy already has agreements in place with seven major energy suppliers in Ireland, making it the best-connected energy comparison site in the republic, within weeks of its launch. The launch will be supported by INM’s powerhouse of owned media, which will be used to promote Choosy’s unique comparison offering to the nation via print and online advertising and promotions.
Facts about Choosy
- Choosy was created by INM’s new Start Up Studio team in Dublin
- The group have enlisted owned media in the launch, including the Irish and Sunday Independent and independent.ie, and an extensive external radio and VOD advertising campaign created by Publicis Ireland.
- Research by the Commission for Regulation of Utilities showed consumers with average usage who switched gas and electricity every year over four years could save €1696
- Choosy has agreements with switching fulfilment for most of Ireland’s major household energy suppliers, including Bord Gais, Panda Power, Energia, Flogas, Iberdrola, Glowpower and BE Energy.
- Choosy’s deal search includes an ‘Eco First’ priority, ensuring users can find sustainable energy deals with the best prices, after research revealed this was important to Irish customers.
- To see Choosy’s mission statement visit choosy.ie/why-choose-choosy